HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
FNESS is currently inviting applicants for the position:
Human Resources Coordinator
The First Nations’ Emergency Services Society of British Columbia (FNESS) is a not-for-profit organization, as well as a registered charity, under the governance of a First Nation Board of Directors. FNESS assists BC First Nations in developing and sustaining safer, healthier and thriving communities. Our programs focus on Awareness, Preparedness, Mitigation and Recovery.
FNESS is looking for qualified individual to work with our Corporate Services Division as our Human Resources Coordinator.
Staffing and Recruiting
• Review and select resumes during hiring processes and update database.
• Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Organize hard and soft copies of employee records.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
• Use HR software to assist with employee benefits, including leaves and absences administration.
• Assist in the coordination of staffing and recruitment processes.
• Communicate with Corporate Services Manager when needed regarding concerns as applicable employment laws apply to FNESS.
• Assist with employee labour laws and regulations to assure compliance.
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements and conducting investigations.
Development and Training
• Process documentation and prepare reports relating to performance reviews.
• Plan new hires onboarding strategies and perform new employees’ orientation to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
• Arrange seminars, workshops, and conferences based on each department’s needs.
Wellness and Safety
• Coordinate employee satisfaction surveys and give actionable insights to improve employees experience.
• Reinforce the FNESS policies, rules and procedures to ensure employees’ safety.
• Support employees when human resources issues arise with efficient problem-solving.
• Recommend and develop employee relations practices to foster a positive employer-employee relationship.
• Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data.
Perform other Human Resources Coordinator duties and responsibilities as required, and as directed by the Corporate Services Manager.
• Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field. A combination of training and experience will be considered.
• 4 years of experience working in the human resources field.
• 2 years of experience managing compensation and benefits programs.
• At least 1 year of experience implementing tactics to improve performance management.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
• Strong familiarity with local laws regulating employee relations practices.
• Experience with HR analytics and human resources metrics.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Experience using computer systems and proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
• Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration.
We are looking for the right fit to support the Corporate Services Division. The successful candidate must possess a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license, a clear current criminal record check (vulnerable section) and will be required to supply a current driver’s abstract. Wage and title will be dependent on education and experience in the field.
Preference may be given to individuals who self-identify as being of Indigenous ancestry.
Position will remain open until a successful candidate is found to join the team.
TERMS: Full Time Employment Agreement
LOCATION: North Vancouver Office/Remote Work
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Deadline for receiving applications is: Will remain open until filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
*COVID-19 policy - Individuals will be required to submit Proof of Vaccination in a form acceptable to the FNESS. Submissions of Proof will be audited.*
Your application was submitted successfully.